Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Encyclopedia vs. Wikipedia

After learning about both encyclopedias and wikipedia, I think they both ahve pros and cons. Encyclopedias are more reliable on the information that is given because it has to be checked and credited by an editor/author but it takes more effort and time to find what you're looking for. Wikipedia on the other hand is a lot easier to access and find the information you're looking for but the information might not be totally accurate. There was an encyclopedia on substance abuse that I found searching "encyclopedia on heroin abuse" but there weren't any E-encyclopedias on my topic. After looking at Wikipedia entry and Encyclopedia entry on my topic I think that the encylopedia would be better because the information is more accurate and less bias. I also thought that the encyclopedia gave a more well rounded look on different aspects to heroin abuse.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hope,

    Thank you for your post on encyclopedia and Wikipedia entries. I am happy to hear that you found an encyclopedia and Wikipedia entry on your topic.

    How do you know that the information provided in the encyclopedia entry is less biased and more accurate than the Wikipedia entry? Can you provide evidence from both entries to support this?

    I look forward to your response.

    Sincerely,
    Profesor Wexelbaum
    I look forward to your response.

    ReplyDelete