1. I have chosen to do my topic on Heroin addiction in teenagers and what psychological factors lead into the addiction.
2. The type of background information I'm looking for is both general and specific. I want to look into the general psychological issues that might result in someone abusing Heroin as well as the the main issues with teenagers.
3. I searched the subjects: heroin and abuse. I then looked through the list of books and wrote down the call number for the ones that I thought would best fit my research. I then went down to the basement where the books were located and I was lucky enough to find them on the first try. I have searched for books in the library in the past so I was experienced with what I was doing.
4. Yes there are about 3 Ebooks that go along with my topic. I wouldn't be opposed to using an Ebook but I personally like to have the book with me so I could open it up and read it whenever I'd like.
5. I couldn't get the book to read online.
6. I'm sure my phone is able to read Ebooks but I'm not quite sure how to set it up.
7. I searched heroin and abuse as subjects in the advanced search. The only thing that was a little different than the SCSU search was that there were a lot more DVD's and videos on Heroin addiction on the Great river regional website.
Hi Hope,
ReplyDeleteThank you for your post on searching the library catalog and reading EBooks. What search strings did you use? How else was the Great River Regional Library catalog different from the SCSU library catalog? (Features, searchability, etc.)
I look forward to your response.
Sincerely,
Professor Wexelbaum