Tuesday, January 17, 2012
What Do You Assume to Be True About Somalians?
I think a vulnerable population, especially in St. Cloud would be the Somalians. I don't know much about them but I do know that there are a few assumptions about them that I would like to look more into depth. One of the assimilations with the Somalians is burglery; a lot of theft has happened over the past few years in St. Cloud and a lot of people think it's due to the increase population of Somalians. I think that this would be an interesting culture to research because there are quite a few in our community and it'd be nice to know more about them. The thing that I think would be the most difficult during this research process would be to put aside the things I have already heard or maybe believed and to really look into their society as a whole.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Hope,
ReplyDeleteThank you for your post. I believe that you are going to learn a great deal about Somalis during your research.
I am wondering where you have acquired the knowledge/assumptions that you currently have about Somalis? This is one of the questions that I had posted in the homework assignment. Thanks!
Professor Wexelabum